How to Become a Mercury Member
You love the Mercury spirit? You’ve been our guest and want to be part of our great training platform? You share our enthusiasm?
Our Vice President Membership is there to discuss your objectives with you and help you fill in your membership application.
In the next step, the board will decide on your application. This decision needs to be ratified by members at the following meeting.
After our members have voted in favor of your application, we’ll ask you to pay your membership dues. Once that’s done you’re a Mercury member!
A Toastmaster’s Promise
Like all members of Toastmasters, upon joining you sincerely pledge:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of your speeches to the best of your ability, basing them on projects in the Competent Communication manual or the Advanced Communication Series manuals
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve your club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat your fellow club members and guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits of Toastmasters membership
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities.
As a guest: It costs nothing to visit us!
As a member: You pay a €20 one-time registration fee plus €60 in membership dues every six months, in April and October (as of June 2018).
The registration fee covers your your first path on Pathways Toastmasters’ education program, made available via Toastmasters’ Basecamp. The regular dues include a subscription to the monthly Toastmaster magazine. Furthermore they cover costs for renting the venue, fees for contest participation, prints, snacks and more.